A valid physical prescription must be provided before we can send this product out via mail or courier. Private Prescription medicines are not eligible for a government PBS subsidy. The full cost of the prescribed medicine is covered by the patient. The cost of which may be claimed from private health insurance providers depending on the level of cover. SUPERPHARMACY will provide an official receipt for private prescription items to facilitate eligible claims.
- Product info
Biest 0.25% (Estradiol/Estriol 20/80) Progesterone 7% HRT Cream 50g
- Apply on the skin of the lower trunk or the thigh. The application surface area should be one to two times the size of the hand.
- Do not apply to breast / vagina / vulval region/ face / broken skin.
- Hands should be washed thoroughly after application.
- The probability of topical irritation can be decreased by changing the area of application daily (e.g. left and right side on alternate days).
- Improvement of symptoms generally occurs within a few weeks, but optimal results are obtained when therapy is continued for at least three months.
- Check your breasts regularly. Your doctor or nurse can show you how to check your breasts properly. If you notice any changes to your breasts, see your doctor.
Before starting or recommencing progesterone therapy, a physical examination should have been performed including special attention to the breasts, abdomen and pelvic organs.
Do not use this product if you have or have had any of the following conditions:
- Unusual vaginal bleeding that has not been evaluated by your doctor
- Known missed abortions or ectopic pregnancy
- Severe liver problems
- Known or suspected cancer of the breast or genital tract
- Blood clots (thrombophlebitis or thromboembolic disorder), such as inflammation of a vein, deep vein blood clotting (thrombosis) or a blood clot that travelled to the lungs (pulmonary embolism)
- Bleeding on the brain
- Porphyria disorder (a blood disease)
- A problem with blood clots forming in your blood vessels, such as painful inflammation of the veins (thrombophlebitis) or the blockage of a blood vessel in the legs (deep vein thrombosis or DVT), or lungs (pulmonary embolism)
- Heart disease or stroke
- Very high blood pressure that is not properly controlled
You must tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have or have had any of the following problems:
- high blood pressure
- heart, liver or kidney disease
- skin sensitive to light
- history of depression
- fibroids or other benign tumours of the uterus (not cancer)
- kidney problems
- lupus (systemic lupus erythematosus)
- gall bladder disease
- underactive thyroid gland
If you have not told your doctor or pharmacist about any of the above, tell them before you start using this product.
Taking other medicines:
Tell your doctor if you are taking any other medicines, including medicines that you buy without a prescription from your pharmacy, supermarket or health food shop.
Some medicines may affect the way other medicines work.
Some medicines may interfere with progesterone if taken at the same time. These include:
- Carbamazepine, Phenobarbital and Phenytoin (medicines for epilepsy)
- Some antibiotics including ampicillins and tetracyclines
These medicines may be affected by Progesterone or may affect how well they work. You may need different amounts of your medicine or you may need to use different medicines. Your doctor or pharmacist will advise you.
Do not use this product if you are pregnant or intend to become pregnant. If you get pregnant while using this product, stop using it straight away and tell your doctor.
Do not use this product if you are breastfeeding.
Keep out of reach of children.
The following list includes the more common side effects of your medicine. They are usually mild and short-lived. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you notice any of the following and they worry you:
- abnormal breakthrough bleeding and/or vaginal bleeding or spotting or changes in cervical secretions
- any significant change in your menstrual cycle, including loss of menstruation
- unusual tiredness or weakness or weight gain
- breast pain or tenderness
- mild mood changes,
- changes in libido and insomnia
- tender, painful or swollen breasts, or secretions from the breasts
- period-like pain or pelvic pain
- vaginal discharge or change in secretions
- vaginal thrush
- stomach pain
- stomach swelling or passing wind
More importantly, take special care and tell your doctor straight away if you experience any of these symptoms during treatment or even a few days after the last dosage:
- Breast disorders (e.g. breast pain, breast swelling and breast tenderness)
- Signs that clots may have formed, such as sudden severe headache, sudden loss of coordination, blurred vision, slurred speech, numbness or tingling in an arm or leg, painful swelling in the calves or thighs, chest pain, difficulty breathing, coughing blood
- Severe headache or vomiting, dizziness, faintness or changes in vision or speech,
- Weakness or numbness of an arm or leg indicating possible clots in the brain or eye
- Worsening symptoms of depression
- a yellow colour to the skin or eyes, itching, dark coloured urine or light coloured bowel motions.
Be careful driving or operating machinery until you know how Progesterone affects you. Some people may experience drowsiness or dizziness. Make sure you know how you react to Progesterone before you drive a car, operate machinery or do anything else that could be dangerous if you are dizzy or light-headed. If this occurs, do not drive.
Store at room temperature. (20-25 degrees C)
Protect from light.
www.superpharmacy.com.au Australia's best source for compounding online.
- Delivery info
Superpharmacy Orders will be packaged in plain, impervious packaging that is unmarked for security and privacy reasons. Orders will be dispatched as soon as possible once payment is received. For Orders containing prescription items please see the prescription processing procedure. Orders for both prescription and non-prescription items will most likely be delivered separately, unless otherwise directed, where we do not hold the prescription paperwork at the time of placing the order.
Australia Wide shipment details
On all Australian orders less than $75 in value (and under 3kgs) we have a flat rate shipping fee of $8.95.
All Australian orders $75 or more in value (and under 3kgs) will qualify for FREE DELIVERY.
Any orders over 3kgs will have our Online Team be in contact with further information regarding shipping.
All orders of Prescription items will receive FREE DELIVERY regardless of order value.
All orders of compounding items will qualify for FREE DELIVERY.
PRESCRIPTION PROCESSING PROCEDURE
Orders for prescription items can only be processed once we physically receive your prescription paperwork. Prescription product orders will be dispensed and dispatched on the business day the prescription or valid repeat authorisation is received at the SUPERPHARMACY registered premises.Please send your prescription paperwork to the appropriate store
NSW, NT and TAS: SUPERPHARMACY PO Box 1877 Hornsby Westfield 1635
QLD: Superpharmacy 187 Days Road, Grange QLD 4051
SA: Superpharmacy 41 Hindley Street, Adelaide SA 5000
VIC: Superpharmacy 92 Lygon Street, East Brunswick NSW 3057
WA: Superpharmacy 259 Walcott Street, North Perth WA 6006
Ensure to allow sufficient time for the delivery of your prescription or repeat authorisation paperwork to us and the subsequent order delivery via our specialised delivery network. We recommend considering a total of up to 7 days for metro areas or 10 days in remote areas. If we do not already hold your prescription paperwork, it will be necessary for you to send the prescription paperwork to us before we can dispatch your order. Please also allow appropriate time for the prescription to reach us and for the order to be sent back so as to avoid running out of your ongoing prescription medicine.
We partner with well-known and trusted delivery services to minimise delivery times. These include:
- Our own personal delivery driver
- Local delivery couriers
The end goal is to get your order to you as fast and as securely as possible.
Details of the delivery process and conditions are included in the Superpharmacy Terms and Conditions found here
Superpharmacy will dispatch most orders within ONE business day on Monday to Friday assuming all items are in stock. All other orders will be dispatched as quickly as possible thereafter. It may be necessary for some orders to be shipped in more than one box from different distribution sites and therefore you may obtain these parcels at different times. We will notify you via email if there is a delay in the delivery of an item in your Order and what action we have taken. Please contact our Customer Service on 13004MEDICINE during business hours if you would like an alternative product or arrangement. Order processing and delivery times may vary in peak times with special arrangements during peak volume times such as Christmas, Mother's Day and Superpharmacy promotions. Contact our Customer Service on 1300 4MEDICINE during business hours or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Postage and handling for international orders
We do not currently deliver outside of Australia
- Returns & exchanges
All enquiries regarding online product Returns or Refunds should be made through our Customer Service Team by telephone at 13004MEDICINE (1300 463 342)
The SUPERPHARMACY Returns Policy applies to all purchases of Products using the Site and forms part of the terms and conditions. If you wish to return a Product in accordance with our Returns Policy, then you must:
(a) Check your Goods as soon as they are delivered to you in order to ensure that: (i) they are what you ordered; and (ii) they are not damaged or faulty. The return of a Product must be authorised by the appointed Superpharmacy Customer Service Representative prior to taking any action to return the Product.
Damaged or Defective Goods
We will replace or refund (at our discretion) any items delivered to you that are damaged or defective at no charge.
Should you be eligible for a Product refund, it will be arranged as follows:
- Upon making contact with the Customer Service Team, a Representative will work with you to resolve the issue, detailing the steps involved in the refund and any further information applicable.
- Refunds will be handled by our Customer Service Team on an individual basis.
Should you be eligible for a Product replacement, it will be arranged as follows:
- Upon making contact with the Customer Service Team, a representative will work with you to facilitate the easiest means of getting a replacement product delivered.
- The Representative will dictate any further action required and supply the necessary information.
- Product replacement timeframes will be detailed to you during these steps.
Incorrect Items Ordered
If you have ordered incorrect items, you have 7 days from date of order placement to notifiy our Customer Service Team. They will then facilitate the process of resolution. Please be aware there are certain factors listed below which must be met before a Product Return/Refund request can proceed.
- Customer Service Team must be notified within 7 days.
- Superpharmacy is required to receive the product back in unopened, original packaging that is in good condition (condition of product received decided at discretion of Representative)
Once a product it received back at a Superpharmacy premesis, and all previously listed conditions are met, the Customer Service Representative will be able to proceed with a refund or exchange request.
When you return a Product please ensure it is packed to avoid damage in transit. We highly recommend you photograph the Product inside the packing prior to sending.
Due to NSW Health Regulations, prescription items cannot be returned for refund.
The SUPERPHARMACY Returns Policy applies in addition to any other rights to which you may be entitled under the consumer guarantees provisions of the Australian Consumer Law.