Nicotinamide Riboside supplement (NR) is a naturally occurring form of Vitamin B3. Superpharmacy compounds SuperNAD+ in our specialised compounding facility in Sydney in a variety of doses and sizes. The body converts Nicotinamide Riboside (NR) into Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide (NAD+) which is an essential molecule found in every living cell.
Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD+) is an essential coenzyme found in almost every cell in our body. It is responsible for: •
- Mitochondrial energy production (ATP) & cell vitality,
- Majority of metabolic reactions,
- Synthesis of RNA & DNA precursors,
- Synthesis of lipids and steroid hormones, and
- Regulation of blood glucose and ketone bodies.
Discalimer: Nicotinamide riboside is still not approved by the TGA.
1. Braidy N, et al. (2018) Role of Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide and Related Precursors as Therapeutic Targets for Age-Related Degenerative Diseases, Antioxid Redox Signal, doi: 10.1089/ars.2017.7269. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29634344
2. Martens C, et al. (2018) Chronic nicotinamide riboside supplementation is well-tolerated and elevates NAD+ in healthy middle-aged and older adults, Nature Communications, 9:1286, doi: 10.1038/s41467-018-03421-7 https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-018-03421-7